We are looking for highly motivated Early Stage Researchers (ESRs), who wish to join an interdisciplinary team and develop an ambitious research project on exploiting metal-microbe applications to expand the circular economy.
The admission criteria for researchers wishing to enroll in the M2ex – Joint Doctorate Programme are:
- Be an Early Stage Researcher (in the first four years of your research careers)
- At the time of recruitment, the researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc…) in the country of the host institute for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment under the project
- Information note for Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellows in ITN
Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Biological Sciences, Mathematics.
Recruitment is planned in September/October 2020.
- ESR2-UNILIM: Study of the correlation between the metal labile fraction and Microbial responses in (bio)reactors
- ESR3-NUIG: Single-cell and microfluidic trace element microbiology in anaerobic digestion communities
- ESR5-UNILIM: Characterization of the role of microbial constituents and by-products from (bio)reactors on metals speciation
- ESR9-CSIC: Understanding factors affection metal speciation in bioreactors. Biology meets technology
- ESR13-UP: Trace metals fate and speciation in soils after contamination – interactions with organic micropollutants and effects on bioremediation processes
- ESR14-UP: Constructed wetlands for removal of metals from contaminated effluents –studying the role of plants, microorganisms and substrate
- ESR15-UP: Phytoremediation of contaminated soils aiming metal recovery – including microorganisms role and bioaugmentation possibilities
How to apply:
Download and fill the PDF Candidate Application Form (below)
Attach the following documents: Translated transcripts of records, English language certificate, CV, two reference letters
Merge it in a single PDF and send by email before 12th June 2020 to: email@example.com
*Taking account of covid19 restrictions, we will be flexible in receiving applications without accompanying English language certificates, which may be provided later in the recruitment process
*Students currently in the final year of a Masters degree are encouraged to apply